Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Day to Remember

Today was one of those days that I think I will remember forever. My mom and I have had plans to take Austin to Dallas to see The Best Christmas Pageant Ever at the Dallas Children's Theater for about a month. And even though I have seen the play at least twice before I could not have been more excited. I as a little girl went to the DCT many times and loved it and love that I now get to take Austin. Also I LOVE the book, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. It tells the story of Christmas in such a fun and entertaining way but at the same time pulls at every emotion that allows us and the youngest of hearts to know that God can do ANYTHING at ANYTIME!! Before we went to the theater we went to Northpark (of course) to do a little shopping and got a few surprises. We were right in time for the puppet show...
which Austin loved!! We were also able to give back to a charity for the homeless by decorating a gingerbread cookie...

Hard at work!

Posing with Mommy and Mimi

The finished product

We finally made it to the play and Austin loved it. He surprised me how still and quietly he sat and listened. It was a great experience and one that I hope to do so many more times.

Before we went in...

Waiting for it to start...

Sharing a seat...cousins!

Autographs after the play

And one more to end the day!!

Once we got home Daddy had yet another surprise, Coco and Carlee were coming over! Austin as usual had a blast and so did Daddy!


Time goes by too quickly and days like today create memories that last a lifetime. As a mom of three I try hard to find one on one special time with all of my boys. Today "Austin Day" was a huge success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment