Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving or Christmas

Today was both a preparation for Thanksgiving and Christmas. For Thanksgiving I decided to let Austin makes some special cookies to take with us to Michael's parents house. He was really excited about making them and I was excited that I had found a recipe that he could actually do mostly by himself.

Austin getting ready to make the cookies

Proud Austin with his cookies

The finished product...they were so easy just take a fudge striped cookie and place it chocolate side up, dip a large marshmallow in melted chocolate chips, and once cooled add the buckle on the hat!

Barrett and Dylan did not help make the cookies but definitly helped eat the ingredients!!

Once we had Thanksgiving cookies out of the way we were moving on to decorating for Christmas. Austin helped me pull everything down from the attic and unpack all the decorations. He was so excited to find his tree for his room, however when we found it he said, "this tree is not small it is tiny, I am going to call my Mimi and see if I can get a bigger one. I will give this one to my brothers." In his defense the tree was tiny!! We turned on Christmas music and me and Austin sang while the little boys danced. In one moment today I looked at my three boys and thought about last year. I remembered how tiny the little boys were. I look at Austin and have to struggle to see the baby left in his face. And then I thought about next year and how the Austin will be in his last year of preschool and the boys will be about the same age as Austin was when they were born. Time is flying by and in this moment I remember why I like to make every moment count and every memory last forever. I am so excited about this Christmas. Austin is at a great age and loves to learn and understand all about everything. The little boys literally see things for the first time and the expressions on their faces tell it all. I know that this Christmas is going to be a Christmas to remember forever!

The stocking are hung and the tree is up, not decorated, but up!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE those cookies! I am putting that in my recipe box!! How fun!! I totally agree...every day and every moment is precious and should be cherished!It is going too fast!! You are such a great mom! Glad y'all had a great day. Blessings, and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete