Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas at Mimi and Grandpa's

After Christmas morning at our house we loaded up the car with every new gift that we could fit into a bag and headed over to Mimi and Grandpa's house for Christmas breakfast. Everyone got there around 9:30 and all 6 kids were ready to go. After a quick breakfast it was present time. My moms house is a little more traditional and we all have places and take turns opening each present. It has always been pretty calm and easy and then this year we had three one year old little boys in the mix. We made do but decided next year we open the kids presents first and then send them to play with their new toys while the adults open there presents. Austin finally received the pogo stick that he has been asking for since November. I searched and finally found one made by fisher price that has a huge base on it to teach little ones how to use a pogo stick. We will see how that goes. Austin's reaction to the pogo stick was priceless. He was so excited when he started opening it he started screaming my pogo stick and ripping the paper off as fast as he could. My mom also for some reason bought Austin a drum, YES a DRUM!! Austin loves it, however the drum is staying at Mimi's house. He also got a new bedspread, a huge nerf gun, some movies, a mp3 player, and a fishing pole. The little boys got a train set, some instruments to go with Austin's drum, a crayola table and some new pajamas. My parents also bought the little boys a new dresser for their big boy room. After we recovered from the gift opening we all sat down for a huge but fantastic lunch. I love that my parents live right around the corner from us and I love that my children love and adore them as much as I do. Christmas has always been such a special time for me and my sisters and parents and I am so blessed that now are children can enjoy all the traditions and new traditions with us as well.


Jackson, Barrett and Austin attacking the first present

Mimi and all her grandbabies

The Johnson family

No comments:

Post a Comment