Friday, December 25, 2009

The Polar Express

Last night since the weather was bad we had to change our plans from going to look at Christmas lights to cuddling on the couch and watching a movie. To be honest, I was kinda upset. I knew that Austin would love the Christmas lights and I was not sure how still he would sit through a movie. I decided on The Polar Express since we had been talking about it from the train ride last weekend. Austin LOVED it. The look on his face and his big eyes were much better than any Christmas light adventure we could have ever planned. He sat in my lap most of the movie intrigued. Through the years I think I have forgotten how magical Christmas really is and on this night because of Austin I remembered. The little boys loved to watch the train but of course that only lasted the few minutes. Their attention span is just not quite there yet. Today while at my mother in laws house, she was wearing a bell around her neck. We were in the other room and I was helping Austin change clothes and he heard the bell. His eyes got huge and he asked me if I heard it, I said yes, and he then asked do you think it is Santa. I then knew that he understood the movie last night and that he truly believes. I love Christmas for every part of which it is. I love that God was able to give us His son and show us the true meaning of selflessness, I love the true spirit of magic it brings to all the children and the adults as well, and mostly I love the memories that are made with my family and my friends. Merry Christmas to your family from ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment