Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday!!

What a great Sunday!! Sundays are a hard day for us at the Johnson house. Mostly because church wears us all out, especially the little boys. Bear and Dylan are used to napping at 10 o'clock and on Sunday this is not possible, therefore it makes for two tired fussy boys. There are days that they even fall asleep in the car on the way home from church and we live about a minute and a half away. However today was a day for me! I have had a shopping day planned with a friend today for a couple of weeks and it was finally here. We had so much fun doing something that we don't get to do much as mom, focusing on ourselves. I think I laughed so hard I brought tears to my eyes at least 5 times! Believe me I love being a mom and I love my kids but today was about me and a great friend having a great time for ourselves and it was so worth it. The day had to end at some point though and it did and I came home to find three very excited boys! We loaded up to return to evening service finally returning back home around 8. Again two tired little boys hurried off to bed. Sundays are very stressful, tired and busy days but I would not change them. I love our church. I love that my children will grow up with such an amazing church family. Michael and I have come to really enjoy our time in Sunday School and became such great friends with people that encourage us to be better people, parents and spouses to one another. Most of all Sundays are full of presence of such an AMAZING GOD. Even though He is here all week on Sundays He reminds us of His great mercy and love. So as much as I dislike Sundays I love them even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment